Tal y Cafn
At Tal y Cafn, unseen from the train, the line passes close to the site of a Roman encampment, Caerhun, where stands the beautiful 13th century church of St. Mary. The bridge at Tal y Cafn is of considerable importance as it is the first crossing place of the river from Conwy. It was built in 1897 to replace the ferry.
The up platform at Tal y Cafn station has been the subject of a refurbishment project carried out by volunteers within the Llandudno and Conwy Valley Railway Society, note the hand made replica of the station running in board reflecting the L.N.W.R. era which is the main feature on the platform.